A delegate is appointed from the squad of players at each League of Ireland club to act as a conduit and point of contact for the Association with its members.
A delegate’s duties require little time to fulfil, but do need a commitment from them to their fellow professionals in order to them to perform their duties to the best of their ability. The important tasks entrusted to them are as follows –
- To inform players of the benefits available to members
- To convey important information to members
- To seek advice, assistance and representation for members as required
- To arrange club meetings with members of PFA Ireland
- To distribute disengaged forms to all out-of-contract members
- To distribute and collect Ballot Forms for the PFA Ireland Player of the Year awards
- To distribute and collect Ballot Forms for the FIFPro Player of the Year and Team of the Year Awards
- To provide feedback on any area of PFA Ireland activity that can be improved in order to provide a better service to members
- To attend the Annual General Meeting in Dublin to hear the General Secretary’s report and discuss any relevant issues
Through each club delegate PFA Ireland will arrange meetings to convey information to players, collate and update members contact details so as to keep all members up to date on the issues that affect players’ careers.