Position: Office Manager/ PA
The office manager position will cover a diverse set of administrative tasks which range from event management, accountancy control right through to daily office administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Secretary responsible for administration in the following key areas of the association.
• First point of contact on all office enquiries.
• Organising International travel arrangements including hotels flights etc.
• Providing administrative support including preparation of presentations, collating data and creating reports
• Meeting/event coordination, including awards dinner, press conferences and charity events.
• Inventory and stock control
• Handling highly sensitive and confidential information
• Contribution to specialised project work
• Prepare information packs, proposals, reports and draft documents as required
• Update and maintain database with player contact information
• Diary management including the organising and scheduling of both internal management committee meetings and AGM plus external meetings for the association
• Manage action points daily and ensure schedules and timelines are activated
• Event management and press releases and press conferences
• All other ad-hoc duties assigned
• Accounting and budget control
• Online banking and payment of invoices
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a busy Executive administration role
• PA experience at senior management/executive position desirable
• Previous experience working in a sports administration position is ideal
• Customer service skills with an excellent phone manner, solution focused attitude
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
• Good organisation skills, self-discipline and attention to detail essential
• Experience dealing with elite athlete’s
• Must be highly motivated, flexible and with integrity being a core value.
• The successful candidate will be hard working and enthusiastic with the ability to work on his or her own initiative and equally as part of a team.
• Excellent IT/Microsoft Office skills with the ability to work under time constraints’
• A good work ethic with a positive, can do attitude and approach to work with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective relationships
• Event management and Accounting skills desirable
Process of Application:
You are invited to apply via email to email@example.com no later than 5pm 26th August 2016.
You will be asked to submit your CV together with a Cover Letter outlining your motivation for application.
The subject field on the email should read “Job Application PFA Ireland”
Informal enquiries can be made to Stephen McGuinness, General Secretary PFA Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org
PFA Ireland is an equal opportunities employer